(Modeled on the 10 pt. Platform and Program of the Black Panther Party)
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- If you don’t like abortion don’t get one.
- Your freedom of religion stops at my body.
- The backlash against Roe is directed not just at those who can become pregnant. It is far-reaching, racist, homophobic & patriarchal.
- The right to an abortion is not just about choice but fundamentally about the survival of women who have no choice, who are faced with dire necessity.
- Get angry, act, and take it to the streets!
WHAT WE WANT
- Find out when, where, and how you are needed; travel to support threatened clinics that provide abortions.
- Join or organize a mass mobilization – based on the anger you feel and what you are comfortable doing. Inform your local Planned Parenthood and/or independent clinic that you are organizing a peaceful protest on their behalf. Encourage your friends in other states to do the same.
- Organize a personal protest – sit in! blockade! picket every federal courthouse in your area. Don’t be intimidated or discouraged.
- Give as much $ as you can afford – and beyond – to your local Planned Parenthood. Or adopt an independent abortion clinic in your area. Designate your gift for abortion care, to keep clinics functioning, for bail & transport & medical supplies, temporary housing and staff. Each one reach one.
- Support & build an Underground Railroad. To help women get abortions or get out from anti-abortion states to sanctuary. To find out how, in detail, watch this movie: The Janes on HBO or Hulu.
- If you’re a member of the medical profession, form or support Medical Networks for the purpose of providing abortion care. Connect with out-of-state doctors; pay for or offer medical supplies.
- RU 486 – obtain prescriptions, buy and distribute RU 486.